Draft Analyzer (Black Version)
1. Summary Draft Grid and Controls
- The Draft Status is at the top of the page, emphasizing the selection number, the current round, and who is drafting in that order.
- The Draft Order shows the current and previous rounds labeled by team name. The board shows the team currently on the clock, along with other numbers (i.e. Pick #23, Pick #36) which represent the current overall selection.
- The user can run several mock drafts at their discretion. Select Controls and then click on the Mock Draft Controls, which will bring out a list of buttons along the top. They will now be able to mock draft using ADPs, along with randomness, making each mock unique. This allows the user to get familiar with the software and develop their best strategy. The user has the ability to restart, fast forward, or rewind at any point within the same bar.
- The user can use custom projections through the control tab by exporting, editing, and importing the projections back into Draft Analyzer. Clicking on Export Projections uploads the current numbers along with ADP into an Excel Spreadsheet. The sheet can be adjusted accordingly to preference and once saved, returned to the draft page by clicking Upload Custom. Drag and drop the spreadsheet into the gray bar, which will automatically place the custom projections in the DA page.
2. Draft Value & Best Available Features
- Best Available is a list displayed which shows users the five players most ideal to take for their upcoming draft pick. You can access this by clicking “Top 5”. This will bring up the players most ideal to take with the upcoming selection.
- An optimal Top 5 list will pop up once it is the user’s turn to pick. They can pick one of these players or close the list and explore more options.
- Draft Value is an analytical tool that shows the user points they will gain by taking a player for each respective position compared to waiting 2+ rounds. For example, +50 WR represents a significant amount of points gained by taking a wide receiver with the upcoming pick rather than waiting 2 rounds for said position, therefore, it is ideal to select a running back with the next pick.
3. Draft Plan
- Draft Plan is a feature projecting the user’s optimal team based on draft order. The user can adjust which positions they would like to target each round by selecting the position icons desired, which will alternate the draft plan accordingly.
- The Scroll bar below the Draft Plan gives the ability to view later round picks from left to right.
4. Draft Rankings
- Draft Rankings is a feature showing all the players available. The board shows the top 40 available of each respective group. The left-most column is ranked by ADP, while the remaining columns are positional, filtered by position rank.
- Hovering the cursor over the player give the user the option to draft a player while clicking on the down arrow allows them to target, avoid, or put them on the watchlist. They can also view a player which brings up an in depth analysis of each individual player.
- The colored numbers by the players represent players in the draft plan and round they are projected to be selected in.
5. My Roster
- My Roster shows the user their roster as a depth chart. Players are placed starting from an optimal standpoint, but are mixed in with drafted players once they are selected.
6. Fantasy Rosters
- The Fantasy Rosters function is where the user can view the progress of the draft based on a team’s roster. Users can see how the starters and bench stack up against one another from a positional standpoint. Below the team names is a color-coded view of how each team ranks positionally (QB- Red, RB- Blue, WR- Green, TE- Purple, K- Orange, D/ST- Yellow).
7. NFL Rosters
The NFL Rosters display the depth chart of each NFL team. Teams can be searched on the page by alphabetical order or by the NFL offensive team ranking from the previous season. Once drafted, players within the depth charts will be color coded.
8. Draft Grid
- The Draft Grid is an up-to-the-minute feature that shows the entire progress of the draft. Each pick is displayed in numerical order and can be read based on the format of the draft order, beginning from left to right. Draft results can also be exported at the top right of the page.
- Standings is a breakdown of how the user’s draft performed compared to others. All the team’s drafts are ranked based on the team’s fantasy points per game. The page also shows the ranking of each position for the starters (i.e. Drake is the #7 ranked RB2 out of the 12 teams). There is also a ranking of how the starters for each position stack up against the rest of the league (i.e. Evans and Hill as a unit are ranked the #4 group of starting WRs in the league out of 12 teams).
- Watchlist shows the list of players the user has targeted, avoided, or placed on the watch list. Players are placed positionally and can be removed by clicking below the individual player.
11. GM Tools
- GM Tools are how the user can customize their draft strategy. Showing Stretch Picks will show the user throughout the draft the possibility that they will be able to wait on picking a player, rather than select him with the current selection. ADP Sources show the Average Draft Position for each player from each of the six respective sights.
- Select Draft Strategy by Position is a feature which allows the user to optimize their team by giving more or less emphasis for the Draft Plan to target a particular position (i.e. By putting 10% in the RB category for starters, the Draft Plan will adjust optimally to make sure they will have a stronger core of running backs than currently suggested. Instead of going RB, WR, RB in the first three rounds, the Plan may suggest the user selects RB, RB, WR).
- Select Player Projections is a tool where the user can adjust the influence sources have on point projections for players. As a default, projections are evenly influenced by all the sources the user is subscribed to. If they prefer to have one source more than others, users can adjust the percentages accordingly, which will change projections for all players instantly. The numbers must all add up to 100%.